Friday, March 23, 2012

FRIDAY!?

Is it Friday already!?  GAH!  This has been a busy week!

On Wednesday I had the privilege of going to the Utah Valley Quilt Guild meeting and doing not 1 but 2 presentations! It was a BLAST!!! You can read about it HERE. 

On Thursday (actually late Wed. night) I officially and publicly announced my upcoming book. You're going to hear lots more about that from me for the next little while.  :o)  Thank you all for your wonderful comments and encouragement. I am SO EXCITED!!!

Today we're going to PARTY!!!  Kidlet #2 turns 10 today!
10!

Here he is with his very best friend. My guy is on the right going for the shot. :o)
I decided to post this picture because it describes him perfectly. This guy LOVES basketball.
No really. He thinks about basketball 24/7. He plays almost every moment he can. Now that the weather is nice he can play outside. However if it's raining or snowing it doesn't matter because he has a pretty nice hoop inside too! I
This guy had bad ears when he was little and didn't talk much until he was 2 1/2. But of the few words he did say 'BASKETBALL' was among them. After learning "mama" and "dada", "basketball" was his first real word. I guess it was fitting that he was born in the middle of March Madness.

Not only does he like to play the game, but he likes to research it too!When he's not playing he's watching and amazes his Dad and I with all the stats he knows about players.

Today for his birthday party he decided he wanted to have a basketball game. So we've invited several friends to come play at our church gym after school. That's all this cute boy wanted.

He is one of the most compassionate and caring boys I know. He is always concerned about others' feelings and wants to make sure everyone feels loved and accepted. He is so kind and sweet with little kids too.
He is also a very talented artist and when he's not shooting hoops you can find him drawing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIDGER!!!
(that's his nickname :o)


Lastly, I got an email the other day about troubles with posting comments. I've turned off the word verification but had to turn on the comment approval to weed out the nasties. I hope this makes it easier for you. I'm not sure how long I'll keep it this way. But we'll try for a while and see.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Congrats with your son! What a great blog you wrote about him!
Hope he has lots of fun at is Basketball game!

Cindy Sharp said...

Gotta love a boy with a passion! Happy birthday to him.

(my oldest boy's first word was "ball". He will be 20 in September, and it is still his favorite thing. )