Friday, December 7, 2012

Improvised Quilting

 
 I have a few projects to wrap up before the year ends so that means doing a little machine quilting.
 
I got all set up yesterday and was ready to go until I realized I had a problem.
 
 


I love these gloves for quilting and I have two pair. Of course when I need them I can only find two lefties. ARGH!  After searching around for the others with no lunch (thank you 7yr old daughter) I decided to improvise a little.

 
I cut a tiny hole in the right side for my thumb to poke through and tucked the actual thumb part inside. Fits like a glove!  (Har! Har!)
 
At least I was able to get some quilting done.
 
 
I'm doing am allover boxy patten on this quilt.
 
 
This quilt was a special request from my Dad. It's a replica of an earlier quilt I made seen HERE using Au-Then-Tic by Sweetwater for Moda. I LOVE that collection and was lucky to find a couple pieces for this quilt. Some of their more recent collections used a green that was similar so I used a few of those prints too. I'm hoping to finish it later on today.
 
 
 

 

5 comments:

Books_Bound said...

Good solution! I am jealous of your boxy pattern, I always thought that would be a fun one to try, but I can never wrap my head around it! I just get myself worked into corners that I can't get out of. :)

Lynette said...

perfect work-around :)

Sowing Stitches said...

You Dad is going to love it!

Unknown said...

Great way to improvise.

Yvonne said...

Cute quilt for your Dad! I am glad I am not the only one who can't find her stuff when needed. You found a great solution for you problem.