Friday, January 18, 2013

And the quilt shall be named:

I took the map quilt to the SLMQG last night. Everyone was so kind with their compliments and admiration. A couple pics were taken and put on IG (you can follow on the web here) where I was given even more love. Thank you all so much for all of your kind words about this little quilt. It is so much fun to take an idea and make it into something that others can look at and enjoy and/or be inspired. That's why I do what I do. :o)

I have loved reading all of your comments and suggestions for names and I've narrowed it down to 3:


I love the idea of America the Beautiful.


ROYGBIV USA is a fun name, too!


American Patchwork is PERFECT!  This is the name I have chosen to call my quilt. 

But because I liked all 3 names I'm going to send all 3 of these followers a Crazy Old Ladies pattern of their choice. :o)

Thank you again for all of your suggestions!!!

I've been working on an actual quilt-pattern tutorial for the blog. I hope to have it up next month. I want my quilt completely finished before I post. Here's a sneeky peek- 



It's called Hexes and X's.  ;o)




6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Congrats to the winners. Love the name you choose. Those hexagon look amazing, looks like a lot of work!

terrieannie said...

Great choice for a name! (what does ROYGBIV USA mean?)

B Greene said...

So glad you liked the name :-) Terrieannie, ROYGBIV is shorthand for Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet - the order of the colors of the rainbow.

Barbie Mills said...

It was amazing to see "American Patchwork" in person last night, it is just gorgeous!

This new pattern looks so cute!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

OMG - hexes and x's!!!! Need to make one!

Kucki68 said...

I love the Hexes and Xs sneak view.