Monday, December 9, 2013

Baby it's cold outside!

The days are growing shorter which means I have even less time to get all the things on my list done each day. At at this time of year it seems my "to- do" list is extra long. Today I'm spending some time quilting this gorgeous quilt using Helen's Garden. I told you I love this fabric!


I have lots of projects I'd like to finish before the end of the year, how about you? There's something about the end of the year coming up that makes me what to wrap up a bunch of WIP's. There are two special ones at the top of my list but many, many more than that. If I can get one done by the 31st I'll count it as a success.

Saturday I sat and watched "The Day After Tomorrow". Have you seen it? It's fitting for all this chilly weather we're having in most of the US. The sun is shining outside today but it's in single digits. Brrr! I hope you can find lots of cozy projects to do indoors today so you don't have to venture out in the cold. 

And before I forget, LynCC is the winner for last week! Don't forget, all you have to do is leave a comment on any post during the week to be entered to win a Crazy Old Ladies pattern of your choice.

HAPPY SEWING!!!

11 comments:

Beth said...

I definitely feel the crunch of daylight for outside projects, but it turns into extra quilting time for me.

jabeybaby said...

I should be quilting today but instead I am curled up on the couch under a blanket watching Christmas movies! I have trouble finding motivation on cold rainy days like today.

Katie said...

I fully understand about the growing UFO list for the end of the year -- Mine has 13 onm it and I hope to finish about 10 before the end of the year or atleast by the end of Jan

Yvonne said...

The cold weather in the US was broadcast on the news here. I can imagine it is perfect for quilting! Hope you get some projects finished!

Lynette said...

Thanks, again, Emily! I'm super excited about getting a pattern from you. It's very kind. And we never did see that movie - will have to check it out. :) Keep that hot cocoa nearby!!

Anonymous said...

I have my eye on Counting on Christmas and Sweet Cream. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for all the inspiration you offer on your blog!

Alexis said...

We got up to 0 degrees today. IT was pretty exciting. We're going through a warm spell. Canada cold is crazy. I'm loving my sewing desk in front of my heater right now. The quilt looks beautiful.

llavmc said...

I love the fabric in this quilt. So colorful.

robin said...

During this cold weather I've been making -and consuming!- a lot of homemade cocoa to "assist" me as I also tackle my long ufo list! Its crunch time. I wonder how this happens EVERY year?!

KaHolly said...

Lucky Lynn!!! In just a few short weeks, the days will start to get longer again!! Hang in there!

Vicki in MN said...

Yes getting WIP's done before the end of the year is much desired here! Happy Holidays!